Frequently asked questions
- Where is drinkworks water from?
- Our high quality natural spring water is from Fillongley Spring in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside. Fillongley have been bottling water, drawn from 90m below the surface, at source and deliver the following day.
- Is bottled water of this kind regulated?
- Yes, absolutely. The Food Standards Agency is the overall regulator for food and drink, including bottled water, in the UK and there are different sets of rules for Natural Mineral Water, Spring Water and Bottled Drinking Water. These are each covered under different parts of The Natural Mineral Water, Spring Water and Bottled Drinking Water Regulations 2007 which can be read here. In addition, we adhere to the policies and Codes of Conduct, Practice and Advertising of the British Water Cooler Association.
- What minerals does the water contain?
Mineral mg/l Calcium 80 mg/l Chloride 18 mg/l Fluoride 0.14 mg/l Iron Magnesium 13 mg/l Nitrate 28 mg/l Potassium 5 mg/l Sodium 26 mg/l Sulphate 59 mg/l Total dissolved solids 325 mg/l pH value 7.5
If you need any further information or clarification of these numbers, please contact us and we will be happy to explain everything to you.
- Is the water tested?
- The owners of Fillongley Spring adhere to very strict compliance regulations and the water is tested daily to ensure the exceptionally high quality of the water and the bottling processes are maintained.
- What’s the difference between mineral water and spring water?
- You can of course go into much more detail by reading the current legislation, but the general distinctions are thus –
- Natural Mineral Water must come from an identified and protected source. It is guaranteed to be consistent in composition and naturally wholesome without any treatment. Natural Mineral Water status is only granted to waters that are demonstrated to be free from pollution and have a characteristic stable composition.
- Spring Water must originate from an underground source, be bottled at source and be microbiologically safe without treatment. However, in the UK, certain other treatments are permitted for Spring Waters. Treatments may include the removal of certain minerals as defined by the European Union Scientific Committee for Food. These allow the removal of undesirable substances.
- Can we buy as well as rent drinkworks water coolers?
- Yes you can, and we will discuss all your available options when we speak. We also have a number of carefully refurbished ex-rental machines available at outstanding prices!
- Are we subject to minimum order quantities?
- We try and deliver a minimum of four bottles but we remain flexible to the needs of our customers. One of the reasons for this is to reduce what is commonly known as ‘food miles’ – the physical distance food and drink is transported from source to consumer because we are aware of our responsibility in reducing our carbon footprint.
- Is there a delivery charge?
- All deliveries are FREE subject to status.
- What are the volumes of the drinkworks bottles?
- We have two standard sizes, 13 litres and 18.9 litres.
- Do any of your water coolers feature hot water too?
- A number of our bottled and mains-fed products have a hot water facility and we will discuss all the options and prices with you.
- What is the temperature of the chilled water?
- The water can be chilled to between 10°C and 4°C.
- What do we do with the bottles once they’re empty?
- Store them in a safe place and every time we deliver fresh water, we will collect the empties.
- Do the water coolers use a lot of electricity?
- Our water coolers use approximately the same amount of electricity as a small, under counter refrigerator.
- Do you accept credit cards?
- Yes, we take all major credit cards including VISA, MasterCard, Maestro and Solo.
- Do our water coolers need cleaning?
- All water coolers need sanitising. Bottled water coolers should be sanitised every three months and plumbed-in, mains-fed coolers should be sanitised and have their filters changed every six months. This ensures that the cooler itself doesn’t contribute to the microbiological content of the water.
If there are any questions we’ve missed off, or if you need any additional information or clarification, please don’t hesitate to call drinkworks on 020 8429 1314 or email us using the form on the contact us page.
“drinkworks have been a loyal supplier for 6 years now. They’re friendly and efficient service and highly competitive prices has had us renewing our contract with them year after year. We are very happy with the service.”
"Being a customer of drinkworks for the past year has been an absolute pleasure. All the drivers are so pleasant, helpful and efficient and we have never had a problem with a delivery not turning up or wrong orders. The service is impeccable and I would recommend drinkworks to anyone. Thanks for the excellent service."
"Your service is friendly and efficient, your delivery people are smart, polite and courteous and your water is chilled and refreshing keeping our residents and staff well hydrated. Nothing seems too much trouble. We are even supplied complimentary coolers for our summer garden party. We couldn’t really ask for more. Thank you."
"Customer service you can rely on is very rare these days but we have no such worries with drinkworks. Their deliveries are always on time, their prices are extremely competitive and if we have any issues (very rare, we know they will get sorted with no fuss whatsoever. Thank you for the past 10 years’ service."
"We have been using drinkworks to supply our mains-fed and bottled water coolers for over seven years and if the service we get continues like it has done, we will use them for another seven years!"
"drinkworks have supplied our company with water coolers for the past six years and I would highly recommend them for their reliable and efficient service. They are friendly and professional and have always responded promptly to any servicing issues, providing our company with quality products at competitive prices."