It will come as no surprise to anyone that drinking naturally filtered spring water is one of the most beneficial things you can do to your body.
In a market saturated with endless adverts for expensive coffees, energy drinks and fizzy pop, water seems to have taken a back seat but the health benefits of drinking water cannot be underestimated.
Dependent on size, the human body is around 70% water and for almost all of your body’s functions to operate at their optimum levels, they rely on water–
- Water helps to transport vital nutrients and oxygen into your cells
- Water moisturises the air in your lungs
- Water aids your metabolism
- Water helps your organs to absorb nutrients
- Water helps to detoxify your body
In addition, your brain is made up of around 90% water and if you’re not delivering enough water to it, it will slow down, you will become dehydrated and you will start to feel fatigued with the ensuing headaches or even migraines, constipation, irregular blood pressure and even kidney problems.
The Health Benefits of Drinking Water
The maths is simple. Most people urinate, on average, around 1.5 litres a day with an additional litre of fluid lost in breathing and sweating. If those 2.5 litres aren’t replaced, you become dehydrated.
Approximately 20% of your water comes in food form so the rule of thumb is to drink two litres a day. Naturally this is dependent on what you do. If you’re office-based, two litres is generally OK but if you exert a lot of energy or you do a lot of sports, your water requirements will differ quite dramatically and you should either consult your doctor or a specialist.
- Water helps you lose weight. It breaks down fat cells faster and it contains zero calories
- Water rehydrates your brain, reducing headaches and back pain
- Water increases skin elasticity, hydrates your skin and flushes toxins out of your body
- Water makes you more productive at work by making you more alert and focussed
- Water raises your metabolism and helps with digestion
- Water hydrates joints and muscles which reduces the likelihood of cramps and sprains
- Water makes you feel healthy, refreshed, clear-headed and happier
What minerals does the water contain?
|Iron Magnesium||13 mg/l|
|Total dissolved solids||325 mg/l|